This article, that I found interesting is about break dancing being allowed in school. The reason why it is allowed is because the school thinks that this will help develop discipline and respect to the kids breaking. With this, the kids didn't just develop discipline and respect, but they also learned how to work as a team and develop better attitudes. This program also has got many of these kids out of trouble.
Link
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Mid-Calder-Primary-School-West-Lothian-Uses-Breakdancing-To-Cure-Bad-Behaviour-Writes-James-Matthews/Article/201006315651810
My proposition is that schools should allow breakdancing and hip hop dance in school because this article is proof that kids actually do better when they have something they like doing, in school. Also this gives kids a better and safer place to dance, because many kids like to break and dance in places that dont seem dangerous but really is.
hey leo, i liked the article that you choose because i love break dancing just as you do. I will stand behind you on your proposition on allowing break dancing and hip hop in school. I personally believe that it would help kids out there to look forward to coming to school. Overall I liked your summary and proposition.
ReplyDeleteDarian.
hey leo!!
ReplyDeletei also agree with your proposition of allowing breaking and hip hop dancing in school. It is another interest students may have, just the same as clubs for service projects, robotics, ethnic cultures, and many others. I know what you are trying to say about giving kids a safer place to dance, and it is similar to how programs have been developed for people who like tagging and graffiti. Its formed so that students can do what they enjoy, while in a safe place and doing it legally.
Hi Leo,
ReplyDeleteGood topic and summary. What you need, however, is a single sentence proposition statement, rather than an argumentative paragraph.
assessment score: 2
mrs s