Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Colorful Slinky

I can stretch as far as a mile,
and all you see on my face is a smile.
I come in all kinds of shapes and sizes,
but my personality is what surprises.
Impossible for me to stay still,
but easily i can keep it chill.
People can push me down the stairs
and in my mind, i say who cares.
Deep down inside me, i am fragile
if you don't handle me with care
i get into a tangle.
If you can see me for me,
you'll notice that im nothing more
but a colorful slinky.

3 comments:

  1. First off, I'd like to say YOUR WELCOME FOR THE IDEA (;

    But I like how you took the idea of a simple slinky and made it sound EXACTLY like you. When you mentioned that one line that said, "and all you can see on my face is a smile", I immediately knew it was you because that's all you ever do, SMILE. Honestly, you could be a true poet or rapper if you like haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leo. I think you're poem does explains you. Especially the lines 5-14. You're really hyper most of the time and I know you, you are a soft hearted fellow but I know you also don't take the negativity from people. You just push it aside & don't let it get to you. I say those lines REALLY do explain who you are. But as for the lines "I can stretch as far as a mile" and "I come in all kinds of shapes and sizes", what do you mean by this? It confuses me a bit. I know that you've already explained what these lines refer to on you but I thought about it and I don't think it's the BEST lines to explain it. But other than that, your poem is good & it describes you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leo,
    I agree with your teammates that this metaphor really matches you! And the rhymes work pretty well, too :)
    I think Alex has a good point when she asks about the two lines ("stretch for a mile" and "all shapes and sizes") I think they're good lines but you need to provide some specifics from the "real" you that match up with them...
    Looking forward to the video!
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete